Digital transformation training to help you identify and deploy data-driven solutions
Cambridge Spark's Level 4 Digital Business Analyst Apprenticeship equips you with the skills needed to successfully drive digital solutions in your organisation. This programme uses the Level 4 Business Analyst apprenticeship standard and focuses not only on analysis and visualisation, but on digital leadership, change management and more.
Who is this digital business analyst apprenticeship for?The programme is most suited for you if you are looking to:
- Introduce digital tools, systems and approaches in your team
- Boost digital fluency for yourself or your team
- Play a key role in achieving your organisation’s digital transformation roadmap
This is an exciting new programme from Cambridge Spark that will help to re-skill our people with the crucial skills that employers like us need. The topics covered in this course will play a key part in adopting a Digital approach and mindset, through the development of practical skills which can be rapidly applied in the workplace.”
Huw Davies, Senior Apprenticeships Manager at BBC
Experts in online delivery
We deliver all of our programmes online, helping our clients offer flexible and inclusive programmes open to all of their staff. We believe the gold standard for online delivery is to offer a mix of experiential learning, coaching, technical mentorship and peer support.
EDUKATE.AI is our learning platform designed for data and digital education. EDUKATE.AI provides lecture recordings, access to elearning content and support from tutors.
An experienced digital mentor helps learners scope and deliver work-based projects, helping bridge the gap between learning and application to generate a return on investment.
A coach supports the career and personal development of our learners through 1:1 coaching sessions, as well as quarterly tripartite reviews with line managers.
Our world-class faculty of experienced digital and data professionals support our learners through workshops and 1:1 tutoring on queries.
Live expert-led lectures
Our learners join online workshops delivered by our expert faculty. For extra flexibility and support, learners can access all recordings through EDUKATE.AI.
Peer and expert community
Learners have access to a peer network that provides support and technical help. Learners also benefit from our network of experts with monthly guest lectures with speakers from different industries.
Our curriculum is developed by our leading faculty, composed of experts in data and digital transformation from industry positions and academics from some of the top universities in the world. Our curriculum is continuously updated and reiterated to incorporate the latest skills.
We take a modular approach to how we offer our curriculum. The Level 4 Digital Business Analyst Apprenticeship includes all of the below modules. We also offer curated shorter tracks and can offer a fully tailored pathway based on a skills gap analysis.
- The Digital BusinessUnderstand the importance of a digital culture and mindset and the role of business analysis.
- Emerging Technologies in Digital and DataUnderstand the opportunities and benefits of machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data and cloud technologies.
- Digital Growth MindsetLearn how to cultivate a growth mindset that works in the context of digital change.
- Business Analysis and Problem SolvingLearn about techniques to understand business problems, identify solutions and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Data-Driven Decision MakingLearn about the value of data, analytical decision making and data models used for business analysis.
- Process Modelling for Digital TransformationLearn about tools and techniques for modelling digital transformation, including process maps, their advantages and how to work with stakeholders.
- Digital Tools and ProcessesDiscover the key tools and processes to successfully deliver digital projects and the different methodologies for project management.
- Stakeholder ManagementLearn how to manage stakeholder expectations and experience within digital transformation projects and how to identify and manage conflict.
- Business Requirements and User-Centric DesignLearn how to capture requirements for digital projects in the context of the project lifecycle, change control and acceptance criteria.
- Digital Leadership and Change ManagementUnderstand the theories and practical techniques in leading during change, delivering and documenting change and analysing the benefits of change.
- Storytelling with DataBuild narrative around data to hone in on and share key insights, create impactful visualisations.
- The Ethics of Data and Digital TransformationLearn about the regulations that apply in your industry and professional specialism and explore the ethical issues associated with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Data for Competitive AdvantageLearn how data can be used to drive efficiencies, value and create competitive advantage.
What delivery options do you offer?
We tailor our delivery to your workforce needs. This ranges from independent, immersive elearning supported by EDUKATE.AI through to tailored bootcamps, to our structured apprenticeship programmes. This apprenticeship is funded by the Level 4 Business Analyst standard for learners based in England.
Are you able to tailor the programme to the organisation and sector?
Yes. We work with our clients to contextualise our programmes to their organisation and sectors they operate in. We do this through bespoke assignments and guest lectures from industry experts. We also work with a range of partners to create bespoke programmes for sectors, such as health and journalism.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a long-term training commitment which seek to support people entering the workforce and upskill existing UK-based employees within an organisation, enabling employers to foster a workforce consisting of highly-skilled and highly-engaged talent.
The Cambridge Spark Digital Business Analyst Apprenticeship runs for 14 months plus a 3-month end-point assessment and includes a minimum of amount of 6 hours per week off-the-job training, enabling a blended approach between theory and practical learning.
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
The UK government introduced the Apprenticeship Levy scheme in April 2017 as a way to drive investment in strengthening the country’s skills base.
All organisations with annual staff costs of over £3m have to pay 0.5% of their salary bill into a ring-fenced apprenticeship levy pot. The money is collected monthly via PAYE and can only be used for training on approved apprenticeship schemes (such as the Level 4 Digital Business Analyst Apprenticeship that we offer). Organisations must forfeit any levy funding left unspent for 24 months or more.
What if my organisation doesn't pay into the UK Apprenticeship Levy?
An organisation that doesn't pay into the levy can still qualify for government-funded apprenticeships for their staff. In fact, the UK government will sponsor 95% of the apprenticeship programme, leaving the organisation to invest the remaining 5%, provided that learners otherwise meet eligibility criteria.
What does "off-the-job training" mean?
Off-the-job training is defined as learning undertaken outside of the day-to-day work duties and during the apprentice’s normal working hours.
Our off-the-job training is delivered on a flexible basis and can be carried out at the apprentice’s place of work or home.
The 6 hours per week, minimum, off-the-job training provides learners with the time to focus and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to complete the programme.
How much do managers need to be involved?
Managers will need to ensure apprentices achieve their planned off-the-job training hours and work on their project portfolio.
We also encourage managers to have regular one-to-one meetings with apprentices to catch up on how they are progressing and to join the apprentice and their coach for 30 minutes every 3-4 months for a general catch up about the programme.
Register your interest
Fill out the following form and we’ll email you within the next two business days to arrange a quick call to help with any questions about the programme.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Who's benefitted from our academies
Read case studies on the impact we have made for our clients.