Apply Here by 05/12/21 23.59 UK Time
Annual Wage: £22,549 per annum (plus London allowance if applicable)
Working Week: 37.5hrs
Expected Duration: 18 months
Location: London or Leeds office (training is virtual)
Possible Start Date: ASAP
Apprenticeship Level: Higher, Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Positions Available: Up to 8
About NHSX: NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation programme in the world. With investment of more than £1 billion pounds a year nationally and a significant additional spend locally, NHSX has been created so we can make things better for patients and staff.
What we are looking for
NHSX needs talented ‘data keen’ individuals (aged 18-24) to join our dynamic 2022 apprenticeship programme in either our Leeds or London office.
What we are offering
We have upto 8 data analyst apprenticeships up for grabs! Successful applicants will be hosted by one of our departments for 18 months and be supported by a line manager who would help develop the apprentice’s skills and knowledge. The apprentice would also study for a level 4 data analytics qualification one day per week, have a career coach and technical mentor who would support them, join our early careers network with other apprentices and graduates, and do all of this whilst earning £22,549 per year.
On top of this successful candidates would get 27 days annual leave per year, plus 8 bank holidays, get access to great training and development opportunities in NHSX, and get automatic membership of the NHS pension scheme. If this sounds good to you - read on!
What do data analyst apprentices do
In this apprenticeship you will (after training) deliver high quality analytical outputs in data management, business intelligence and analytics, and data science - this means you will:
- Cleanse, process, manage and integrate from disparate sources, ensuring quality and analytical outputs to follow best practice guidelines
- Respond to incoming requests for information in a timely and efficient manner
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to provide high quality, timely analysis and intelligence relating to key priorities
- Develop business intelligence reports
- Support the Innovative Analytics work-stream with application of novel techniques and cutting-edge algorithms within the health and care sector
To apply you will need:
- 5 GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, including English & Maths
- High degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Excel is essential)
- Ability to show us that you use data either in school or work or in your day to day life
- Be professional, calm and efficient
- Be curious, creative and able to think outside the box
- Be highly motivated, determined and committed
To Set Yourself Apart - you would also have:
- some knowledge of a coding language : SQL/R/Python or analytical software eg. SPSS/Tableau/Power BI or equivalent)
- A Levels in Maths or any STEM Subject